- Lumine Int'l Pro–Am
- Past Results
The PGA of Great Britain & Ireland’s Paul Hendriksen & James Ruth produced a dazzling final round to win the 2017 Fourball Championship presented by the Costa Daurada, with a -17 total (197).
Conditions at Lumine Mediterránea Beach & Golf Club in Spain were testing, as they had been all week, with gusts reaching up to 50kph. However, unphased by the high winds, the British duo carded an extraordinary seven-under round of 64 to take home the €6,150 first prize.
The Fourball Championship is also the first part of the Lumine Golf Festival and will precede the inaugural Lumine International Pro-Am from 10-12 February with a guaranteed prize fund of €20,000.
LUMINE Mediterránea Beach & Golf Community
Lumine Mediterránea Beach & Golf Community is heralded as one of Spain’s premier golf and leisure destinations. The resort boasts 45 exceptional holes, including 27 holes designed by legendary World of Golf Hall of Famer, Greg Norman.
There are three courses at Lumine; the Lakes, Hills and Ruins, with each course offering golfers a unique and memorable experience. Not only because of the challenge they pose, but also for their design: the 18 hole Lakes course is fully embedded in nature, around the wetlands; the 18-hole Hills course offers spectacular views of the quarries, pine groves and the Mediterranean coastline; and the 9 hole Ruins course runs between archaeological ruins.
Not only has the resort become a firm favourite with golfers of all abilities around Europe, but for five consecutive years, Lumine’s Lakes course has earned Tour-calibre status with The European Tour who has chosen the venue to host its Second Stage Qualifying school, annually since 2012.
Lumine is also very proud to have won the Audubon International Gold Signature Sanctuary Certificate which recognises the environmentally sustainable model of the Lumine Golf Club and its responsible management of water.
The Troon managed property is only 50 minutes south of Barcelona and is home to a luxury Beach Club and a state-of-the-art golf academy. Neighbouring the property is Europe’s most popular theme park, Port Aventura, with Ferrari World opening close by in April 2017. The coastal towns of Salou and Cambrils, both renowned for their nightlife and cuisine can be found nearby, and just ten minutes away is the cultural town of Tarragona.
Camí de Racó s/n
43481 La Pineda
The Costa Daurada boasts to have all the ingredients to ensure that the region is an ideal destination to play these sports. We have 5 golf courses and 7 Pitch and Putt courses, a pleasant climate throughout the year, easy access via road, numerous reputable hotels and restaurants. Moreover, the region is rich in historical heritage sites, beautiful landscapes and popular local products.
The fishing tradition and agriculture set the pace of life in Cambrils. Cambrils is calmness, gastronomy, beaches adapted for disabled people, quiet strolls through the old town, the port or beside the sea, by foot or bicycle. At Cambrils we think about families, that is why as the Gastronomic Capital of the Costa Daurada, our restaurants offer specific services for children. Furthermore, staying here with your family will be much, much easier. Let us advise you: Cambrils, no doubt.
Golfbreaks.com was formed in 1998 and was the brainchild of our Chief Executive Andrew Stanley, whose vision was to make booking golf breaks as simple as possible. This is a philosophy we continue to embrace today, as we send golfers on golf holidays across the UK, Europe, USA and Worldwide.
As a Member of ABTA & IAGTO, you can be safe in the knowledge that we are a recognised and respected industry leader. We are also ATOL bonded and can book flights for golf breaks to destinations further afield such as the USA, South Africa and Dubai.
Our Aim is to provide...
- Great Choice - Golfbreaks.com has been a specialist in golf travel since 1998 and as such we offer a choice of over 2,000 stunning venues in the UK, Europe and other exciting destinations Worldwide. So whether you’re looking for 5* resorts, self-catering apartments, tailor made golf tours or golf breaks suited to large groups, you can be sure that we have the perfect golf break for you.
- Expert advice - Golf is our passion, and with over 15 years’ experience our expert sales team are perfectly placed to take all the stress away from organising your golf break. The company is full of keen golfers who are only too happy to pass on advice and do all the legwork for you. We will recommend venues, check availability, book accommodation, reserve tee-times, pre-book dinner and arrange any extras so you don't have to lift a finger.
Our commitment to providing the best service in the market is reflected in the feedback our golfers give us, with over 98% rating our service as good, very good or excellent and stating that they would use Golfbreaks.com again. In order to maintain the highest possible standards of service we are always looking for ways to improve, and who better to rate our performance than the people who book with us? We welcome all comments and suggestions you may have, and if you would like to give us your feedback, please contact us.
- Amazing value - Due to the strong relationships we've forged with our venues, our golf breaks often offer the best available value for money. We always have a large selection of special offers including free places, exclusive offers and great savings available all year round. So in the vast majority of cases, booking through us is better value than if you go direct to the venue.
In addition, the Golfbreaks.com price promise is our guarantee that each time you book with us, you’re getting the best possible price. If you've seen one of our golf breaks advertised cheaper by another ABTA bonded travel company, even up to 24 hours after booking with us, let us know. We’ll match any other price that you’ve been quoted and if a booking has been made, give you a cash refund for the difference.
We have also partnered up with some of the leading providers of travel extras such as Eurotunnel, who offer fantastic discounts on products including airport parking, car hire and travel insurance.
- Rewards for your loyalty - We are the only golf travel company that offers you rewards simply for booking your golf holiday with us. Membership is free and enables you to earn Breakpoints every time you book a golf break with us which can be redeemed to reduce the cost of future bookings.
The Breakpoints rewards programme is run in partnership with Teeofftimes.co.uk, the online discount tee time service, and our new sister company BookaSpa.com, who offer the same scheme on their websites. So you can use your Breakpoints from golf holiday bookings to get money off tee times or spa breaks, or you can use points accumulated from tee times or spa breaks to redeem against golf holidays. The best bit is that you only need to register once because your username and password is shared across all three websites.
La Pineda Platja
Vila-seca is made up of people who have a strong and enterprising social fabric, people who create a a town of coexistence, people who take care of their beaches, their natural resources, the quality of their accomoodation, their water parks like Aquopolis, and their theme parks like PortAventura, wit its three golf courses and convention centre.
Cultural and festive activities throughout the year show us a modern, well-equipped municipality, admired by residents and visitors alike.
Salou Tourist Board
Passeig Jaume I, 4 - Xalet Torremar
The golden sand beaches and coves and the calm waters of Salou have made this destination one of the leaders on the entire Costa Daurada. Its excellent climate and its commitment to the highest quality services have led to Salou being awarded certificates as a Family Tourism Destination and a Sport Tourism Destination.
The guinguetes (Catalan for beach cafés) have also been recently remodelled and they are all modern and functional now, in line with top notch facilities in similar places. It merits mention that Salou has one of the longest tourist seasons in Catalonia.
Final Round - Final Round Magic Clinches Fourball Championship for Hendriksen & Ruth
Round 02 - PGA of Spain Dominance Sets Up Exciting Fourball Finale
How Well Do the Fourball Championship Teammates Know Each Other...?
Round 01 - Spectacular Spaniards Lead the Way at Lumine
Live Mediterranea at Lumine Mediterranea Beach & Golf Community
Visit the Costa Daurada...!
2016 Review - Piris Metau & Giner Top Spanish Dominance
World-class golf & the beautiful Mediterranean
Family Fun at Lumine Mediterranea Beach & Golf Community
Lads Holiday: Lumine Mediterranea Beach & Golf Community
A Cultural Retreat: Historic Tarragona, world-class wineries, beautiful beaches and so much more…
The Lakes golf Course winds round the Sèquia Major wetlands area, classified as a space of Natural Interest. Mediterranean environment and landscape that are perfect for relaxing in. This is the most technically difficult of the three courses: its Links design makes it a genuine challenge for any golfer.
– Designed by Greg Norman – Par 71 – 18 holes – Total length of fairways: 6,300 m – Total surface area of greens: 13,805 m2 – Driving Range, putting green and chipping green – Club-house – Pro-shop Lakes Course – www.lumine.com
|Course Par||Total Length|
The Hills Course is the course that gives players the most spectacular views. The course, near Cape Salou, runs through leafy woods of white pine and extensive plantations of olive and carob trees that climax in incredible views over the sea. Respect and the integration of the course in the terrain have created an attractive, varied course, whose length complies with the regulations for high-level competition. Long, long fairways to develop your best game.
– Designed by Green Project – Par 72 – 18 holes – Total length of fairways: 6,334 m – Total surface area of greens: 13,760 m2 – Driving Range, putting green and chipping green – Club-house – Pro-shop
|Course Par||Total Length|
2017 Lumine International Pro-Am
10-12 February 2017
Fourball Championship competitors are invited to participate in the 2017 Lumine International Pro-Am from 10-12 February 2017 as part of the Lumine Golf Festival.
Teams of 3 amateurs and 1 Professional will compete across Lumine’s Lakes and Hills Courses with Professionals battling it out for a guaranteed prize fund of €20,000.
Amateur packages begin at €1,095. Further package information will be added shortly.
- Lumine Golf Festival Kicks Off with Confederation of Professional Golf Fourball Championship
- Final Round Magic Clinches Fourball Championship for Hendriksen & Ruth
- PGA of Spain Dominance Sets Up Exciting Fourball Finale
- Spectacular Spaniards Lead the Way at Lumine
- Stage Set For 2017 Edition of the Confederation of Professional Golf Fourball Championship
- Lumine Prepares to Welcome Amateurs and Professionals for 2017 Golf Festival