The 2020 Costa Daurada CPG Fourball Championship takes place once again at Lumine Mediterránea Beach & Golf Club in Spain from 3 – 5 March 2020, with over 200 PGA Professionals competing for a prize fund in excess of €45,000.
LUMINE Mediterránea Beach & Golf Community
Lumine Mediterránea Beach & Golf Community is heralded as one of Spain’s premier golf and leisure destinations. The resort boasts 45 exceptional holes, including 27 holes designed by legendary World of Golf Hall of Famer, Greg Norman.
There are three courses at Lumine; the Lakes, Hills and Ruins, with each course offering golfers a unique and memorable experience. Not only because of the challenge they pose, but also for their design: the 18 hole Lakes course is fully embedded in nature, around the wetlands; the 18-hole Hills course offers spectacular views of the quarries, pine groves and the Mediterranean coastline; and the 9 hole Ruins course runs between archaeological ruins.
Not only has the resort become a firm favourite with golfers of all abilities around Europe, but for five consecutive years, Lumine’s Lakes course has earned Tour-calibre status with The European Tour who has chosen the venue to host its Second Stage Qualifying school, and has been the location for the final stage since 2017.
Lumine is also very proud to have won the Audubon International Gold Signature Sanctuary Certificate which recognises the environmentally sustainable model of the Lumine Golf Club and its responsible management of water.
The property is only 50 minutes south of Barcelona and is home to a luxury Beach Club and a state-of-the-art golf academy. Neighbouring the property is Europe’s most popular theme park, Port Aventura, amongst the coastal towns of Salou and Cambrils, both renowned for their nightlife and cuisine can be found nearby, and just ten minutes away is the cultural town of Tarragona.
Camí de Racó s/n
43481 La Pineda
Final Round - Sensational Spaniards Seal Fourball Win
Round 02 - Spain’s Salgado & Oriol Set Stage for Lumine Showdown
Round 01 - Salgado & Oriol Fire 58 at Fourball Championship
Live Mediterranea at Lumine Mediterranea Beach & Golf Community
Visit the Costa Daurada...!
World-class golf & the beautiful Mediterranean
The Lakes golf Course winds round the Sèquia Major wetlands area, classified as a space of Natural Interest. Mediterranean environment and landscape that are perfect for relaxing in. This is the most technically difficult of the three courses: its Links design makes it a genuine challenge for any golfer.
– Designed by Greg Norman – Par 71 – 18 holes – Total length of fairways: 6,300 m – Total surface area of greens: 13,805 m2 – Driving Range, putting green and chipping green – Club-house – Pro-shop Lakes Course – www.lumine.com
|Course Par||Total Length|
The Hills Course is the course that gives players the most spectacular views. The course, near Cape Salou, runs through leafy woods of white pine and extensive plantations of olive and carob trees that climax in incredible views over the sea. Respect and the integration of the course in the terrain have created an attractive, varied course, whose length complies with the regulations for high-level competition. Long, long fairways to develop your best game.
– Designed by Green Project – Par 72 – 18 holes – Total length of fairways: 6,334 m – Total surface area of greens: 13,760 m2 – Driving Range, putting green and chipping green – Club-house – Pro-shop
|Course Par||Total Length|
01. Conditions of Play
02. Eligibility for Entry
04. Championship Itinerary
07. Draw for Order of Play
08. Starting & Tees
09. Rulings & Doubt as to Procedure
10. Recording of Scores
11. Prize Fund
12. Bad Weather / Play Foreshortened
13. Distance Measuring Devices
14. Slow Play
18. CPG Officials
- The Championship will be a 54-hole fourball betterball stroke play event with a maximum field of 128 pairs competing over the Lakes course and Hills course at Lumine Mediterránea Beach & Golf Community.
- Each pair will play 18 holes on Tuesday 3rd March and Wednesday 4th March 2020 over both courses.
- In the event of less than 60 pairs entering, then the tournament will be played over the Lakes course only.
- The top 40 pairs and ties will qualify for the final round on Thursday 5th March 2020 over the Lakes course only.
- In the event of a tie for the first place there will be a sudden death ‘hole by hole’ play-off until a winner is determined.
- The event shall be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf of R&A Rules Ltd, the CPG Tournament Regulations, Conditions of Competition and Local Rules [2020 Hard Card] and the additional Local Rules of Lumine Golf Club (Lakes and Hills courses), as approved by the Chief Referee and Tournament Manager.
- Female competitors may play a course that is not more than 10-14% shorter than the total course yardage of the course played by the male competitors. The Tournament Manager will vary tees as necessary to ensure the fairness of the holes and the event.
- The Championship is open to all female and male classified PGA members and trainees within a CPG Member Country PGA (cpg.golf/members).
- A maximum of 30 Pairs in the Fourball Championship field are open to female and male PGA Members from recognised PGA organisations that are not Member Country PGAs of the CPG, as determined by being listed as a Professional Member of the IGF, (i.e. currently the PGA of America, PGA of Australia, and PGA of GB&I).
- Places are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Should the 30 Pairs be filled then a waiting list will begin and waiting list Pairs will be invited to enter if a) another pair from this group withdraw, or b) if the remaining 98 Pairs from CPG Member Country PGAs are not filled by 17:00 CEST on Tuesday 04 February 2020.
- This clause is applicable if relevant to one or both Members of the Pair.
- If you have any questions relating to the eligibility of different PGAs then please contact email@example.com.
NB. All entries will be checked and any doubts as to eligibility will be decided by the tournament committee whose decision will be final.
All players are required to register for the Championship at the Championship Office at the Lakes Course at Lumine Beach & Golf Club. This must be done before 12.00hrs local time on Monday 02 March either in person at the Tournament Office or by contacting +44 (0) 20 71 83 59 83. If a player cannot register in person before 12:00hrs on Monday 02 March, he/she must contact CPG Communications and Events Manager, Tom Bentley, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 20 71 83 59 83.
Note: There will be no tournament office in operation at the Hills Course other than on 03 and 04 March.
Participants agree that their personal data may be given to third parties for reasons related to timing, results, ranking and announcement on the internet. Personal data of the participants required during the registration procedure are stored and will be used for purposes only related to the staging of the event. By submitting an entry form, each participant consents to the storing of his/her personal data and its use for the purposes of the event as well as CPG tournament information.
Participants consent to the use of their image during the event by the organisers, sponsors, or other partners of the event for promotional purposes, with no right to claim full or partial compensation for that reason.
|Sunday 01 March||Arrivals|
|Monday 02 March||Official Practice Day & Player’s Welcome Reception|
|Tuesday 03 March||Round 01|
|Wednesday 04 March||Round 02|
|Thursday 05 March||Final Round (Top 40 & Ties) and Prize Giving|
Welcome Reception – 19.30hrs on Monday 02 March:
The Welcome Cocktail Reception will be held for all competitors at the official hotel, Sol Port Cambrils. Attendance to this function is COMPULSORY; therefore, all players must attend in support of the host venue and supporting sponsors unless prior agreement has been made and authorised by the Event Manager. Failure to do so will constitute a breach of the Conditions of Entry and players who do not attend will be fined €75 for non-attendance. Dress Code – smart casual
For those not staying in Sol Port Cambrils, the address is as follows:
Hotel Sol Port Cambrils, Rambla Regueral, 11, 43850, Cambrils – Tarragona, Spain.
Official Prize Presentation – Close of Play, Thursday 05 March:
This will take place in the clubhouse immediately following completion of the final round on Thursday 05 March. The top 3 pairs are required to attend. Dress code – golf attire (no jacket and tie required)
Monday 02 March is the Official Practice Day. Practice is available from 08.30hrs on both the Hills and Lakes courses from the 1st & 10th tees.
Practice times are to be booked with Lumine Mediterránea Beach & Golf Club directly on Tel: +34 977 12 90 70 or by email at email@example.com.
Practice prior to Monday 11th February is available and is at the discretion of Lumine Mediterránea Beach & Golf Club, subject to availability.
- Complimentary range balls will be provided for all competitors including the practice day and in the week running up to the tournament.
- The driving range will be open from 08:00am until 17.00 each day.
- The use of golf buggies will be permitted on practice days at competitors’ own expense. Golf buggies are only available to hire from the Lakes course and can be driven to the Hills course via a specific route.
- Practice on the course before or between rounds is not permitted which includes practice between holes (CPG Local Rules and Conditions of Competition – Section B6).
The draw for Rounds 01 & 02 will be published following registration at approximately 14.00hrs on Monday 02 March. This will be available to view at the Tournament Office and published on the Championship Hub Page on the CPG website – http://cp.golf/2020Fourball.
The draw for Round 03 will be published after the completion of Round 02. Play will be in score order in a reverse U-Draw with the leaders out last.
NOTE: No changes to the draws will be permitted once they are posted and the decision of the Event Manager will be final.
All competitors are required to be at their starting tee 10 minutes prior to their start time. This is to allow the starter to provide pin positions, local rules and additional information to each player. This also ensures that all team members are present and able to start on time.
- Male PGA Professionals will play from the WHITE tees;
- Female PGA Professionals will play from the BLUE tees
There will be CPG Rules Officials on both courses at all times to deal with any disputes.
If, however, there is no Rules Official present the player may invoke Rule 20.1c(3) (two ball rule). The player must nominate the ball with which he wants to score, should the rules permit, and report the facts to a CPG Official immediately after the conclusion of play. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
All scorecards must be returned to the Tournament Office in the relevant Clubhouse immediately following play. [Lakes – Championship Office in Lakes clubhouse; Hills – Championship Office in Hills Clubhouse Reception].
It is compulsory to use the CPG GolfBox online live scoring system during the round through the use of mobile devices, however, the official score that will count towards the final leaderboard will be the score recorded on the paper scorecard provided.
A minimum prize fund of €30,000 will be awarded to the leading 40 pairs and ties. All prize money is subject to a 5% levy.
NB: To receive prize money, competitors MUST complete all rounds entered. Prize fund is subject to change depending on final Team numbers and will only be fully confirmed at the start of play in Round 01.
In the event of bad weather and an overall result not being possible, the overall result will be decided over completed rounds.
All players should make themselves aware of the Suspension of Play Policy, which can be found on the CPG Hard Card – Section A11. In all instances when there is a threat of lightning the player should put their own safety first and seek shelter as soon as possible.
In all cases the prime objective will be to complete the Championship over 54 holes which may involve reducing the number of pairs that make the cut as laid out in the 2020 CPG Regulations.
As per Section B3 of the CPG Local Rules & Conditions of Competition, all competitors will be permitted to use distance-measuring devices provided they measure distance only. If a player has any doubt as to whether a device is conforming they should seek the advice of a CPG Official.
A pace of play will be enforced for the duration of the tournament. It is each Team’s responsibility to ensure their pace of play adheres to the guidelines of the Chief Referee.
There are adequate pull trolleys available for hire, priced at €7.00 daily. There are limited electric trolleys available for hire. Electric trolleys must be booked in advance via the professional shop at the Lakes course.
Food and drinks will be available all day in the clubhouse at the competitor’s own expense. The Clubhouses will be open from 07:30am until sunset each day.
Water will be provided to competitors on the tee each day.
The local currency is Euro (€).
Communications & Events Manager – Tom Bentley
Chief Referee – Michael Jon [Lakes]
Referee 01 – Teemu Laakso [Hills]
Referee 02 – Margarita Salmer
Referee 03 – Miguel Hernández
CPG Media / Championship Administrator – Aston Ward
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0) 20 71 83 59 83