The 2020 Costa Daurada CPG Fourball Championship takes place once again at Lumine Mediterránea Beach & Golf Club in Spain from 3 – 5 March 2020…
LUMINE Mediterránea Beach & Golf Community
Lumine Mediterránea Beach & Golf Community is heralded as one of Spain’s premier golf and leisure destinations. The resort boasts 45 exceptional holes, including 27 holes designed by legendary World of Golf Hall of Famer, Greg Norman.
There are three courses at Lumine; the Lakes, Hills and Ruins, with each course offering golfers a unique and memorable experience. Not only because of the challenge they pose, but also for their design: the 18 hole Lakes course is fully embedded in nature, around the wetlands; the 18-hole Hills course offers spectacular views of the quarries, pine groves and the Mediterranean coastline; and the 9 hole Ruins course runs between archaeological ruins.
Not only has the resort become a firm favourite with golfers of all abilities around Europe, but for five consecutive years, Lumine’s Lakes course has earned Tour-calibre status with The European Tour who has chosen the venue to host its Second Stage Qualifying school, annually since 2012.
Lumine is also very proud to have won the Audubon International Gold Signature Sanctuary Certificate which recognises the environmentally sustainable model of the Lumine Golf Club and its responsible management of water.
The Troon managed property is only 50 minutes south of Barcelona and is home to a luxury Beach Club and a state-of-the-art golf academy. Neighbouring the property is Europe’s most popular theme park, Port Aventura, with Ferrari World opening close by in April 2017. The coastal towns of Salou and Cambrils, both renowned for their nightlife and cuisine can be found nearby, and just ten minutes away is the cultural town of Tarragona.
Camí de Racó s/n
43481 La Pineda
Live Mediterranea at Lumine Mediterranea Beach & Golf Community
Visit the Costa Daurada...!
World-class golf & the beautiful Mediterranean
The Lakes golf Course winds round the Sèquia Major wetlands area, classified as a space of Natural Interest. Mediterranean environment and landscape that are perfect for relaxing in. This is the most technically difficult of the three courses: its Links design makes it a genuine challenge for any golfer.
– Designed by Greg Norman – Par 71 – 18 holes – Total length of fairways: 6,300 m – Total surface area of greens: 13,805 m2 – Driving Range, putting green and chipping green – Club-house – Pro-shop Lakes Course – www.lumine.com
|Course Par||Total Length|
The Hills Course is the course that gives players the most spectacular views. The course, near Cape Salou, runs through leafy woods of white pine and extensive plantations of olive and carob trees that climax in incredible views over the sea. Respect and the integration of the course in the terrain have created an attractive, varied course, whose length complies with the regulations for high-level competition. Long, long fairways to develop your best game.
– Designed by Green Project – Par 72 – 18 holes – Total length of fairways: 6,334 m – Total surface area of greens: 13,760 m2 – Driving Range, putting green and chipping green – Club-house – Pro-shop
|Course Par||Total Length|
ENTRIES ARE NOW OPEN!
Entries are now open for the 2020 Championship – please ensure you read the Conditions of Entry available on this page prior to registration.
** Special accommodation rates are available at the Official Hotel, Sol Port Cambrils – click the button below to download more information… **
- The Championship will be a 54-hole fourball betterball stroke play event with a maximum field of 128 pairs competing over the Lakes course and Hills course at Lumine Mediterránea Beach & Golf Community.
- Each pair will play 18 holes on Tuesday 3rd March and Wednesday 4th March 2020 over both courses.
- In the event of less than 60 pairs entering, then the tournament will be played over the Lakes course only.
- The top 40 pairs and ties will qualify for the final round on Thursday 5th March 2020 over the Lakes course only.
- In the event of a tie for the first place there will be a sudden death ‘hole by hole’ play-off until a winner is determined.
- The event shall be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf of R&A Rules Ltd, the CPG Tournament Regulations, Conditions of Competition and Local Rules [2020 Hard Card] and the additional Local Rules of Lumine Golf Club (Lakes and Hills courses), as approved by the Chief Referee and Tournament Manager.
- Female competitors may play a course that is not more than 10-14% shorter than the total course yardage of the course played by the male competitors. The Tournament Manager will vary tees as necessary to ensure the fairness of the holes and the event.
- The Championship is open to all female and male classified PGA members and trainees within a CPG Member Country PGA (cpg.golf/members).
- A maximum of 30 Pairs in the Fourball Championship field are open to female and male PGA Members from recognised PGA organisations that are not Member Country PGAs of the CPG, as determined by being listed as a Professional Member of the IGF, (i.e. currently the PGA of America, PGA of Australia, and PGA of GB&I).
- Places are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Should the 30 Pairs be filled then a waiting list will begin and waiting list Pairs will be invited to enter if a) another pair from this group withdraw, or b) if the remaining 98 Pairs from CPG Member Country PGAs are not filled by 17:00 CEST on Tuesday 04 February 2020.
- This clause is applicable if relevant to one or both Members of the Pair.
- If you have any questions relating to the eligibility of different PGAs then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB. All entries will be checked and any doubts as to eligibility will be decided by the tournament committee whose decision will be final.
The entry fee is €300 per pair and ALL entry forms must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee and will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
The closing date for entries will be 17:00 CEST on Tuesday 18 February 2020. Entries can be made online at https://cp.golf/2020Fourball. Entries may be accepted after the closing date, should the field not be full.
Refund Policy: You are entitled to cancel and receive a 90% refund up to 17:00 CEST on Tuesday 18 February 2020. Any cancellations made after this time but before the first round draw has been published shall be eligible for a 50% refund of the entry fee. Exceptions to these rules may be made in the case of sickness and other special circumstances subject always to the discretion of the appropriate Committee and the provision of satisfactory evidence to the Confederation of Professional Golf [CPG].
A GUARANTEED prize fund of €30,000 (based on 50 pairs entering) increasing by €300 with each additional entry beyond 50 teams. All prize money is subject to a 5% levy.
The leading 40 pairs and ties will receive prize money.
NB: To receive prize money, competitors MUST complete all rounds entered.
|Sunday 1st March||Arrivals|
|Monday 2nd March||Official Practice Day & Player’s Welcome Reception|
|Tuesday 3rd March||Round 1|
|Wednesday 4th March||Round 2|
|Thursday 5th March||Final Round (Top 40 & Ties) and Prize Giving|
The Official Hotel for the Fourball Championship is Sol Port Cambrils. Further information on rates for the hotel can be found here: https://cp.golf/34omUqu.
|HOTEL SOL PORT CAMBRILS|
Rambla Regueral, 11,
|Tel: +34 977 35 86 00|
Please state the tournament reservation code for your special rate: CPG 4 BALL.
The nearest main airport is Barcelona International Airport, which is approximately 100km from the hotel.
Locally, Reus Airport is a 10 Minute Drive away from Lumine and there are a couple of flights available from specific locations.
- Lumine Named Europe’s Best Golf Venue at 2019 World Golf Awards
- Portugal’s Penina to Host CPG’s Annual Congress and International Team Championship
- love.golf lauded as ‘a potential game-changer’ as it breaks into North America
- How to Improve Your Golf Event
- Swiss PGA Championship 2019
- Initial Professional Education (IPE) Returns to Holland