The full schedule of seminars and speakers for the 2014 Confederation of Professional Golf Coaches Circle and Heads of Training Summit has been announced and will see the two events span five days at Italy’s Chervò Golf Hotel Spa & Resort San Vigilio from the 24th – 28th March.
Each of the speakers will look at areas of coaching and education that are relevant to either high performance coaches or those involved with the development of the education programmes in each of the Association’s 36 Member PGAs. Along with the speakers below, attendees at the CCHoTS will have the opportunity to listen to, learn from and interact with coaches working with elite Italian players, a former tour professional and The Confederation of Professional Golf’s own staff.
- Paul Eales – Two-time European Tour winner, non-Executive Director of the European Tour, and PGA of Great Britain & Ireland Professional. Paul will look back at his playing and coaching experience to explain more on the transition from amateur to professional golf from the coach’s perspective and will reveal the critical steps required for a smooth transition.
- Dr. Brian Hemmings – Golf psychologist and former lead psychologist to England Golf, Dr. Hemmings, will feature in both the CC and HoTS sections of the week, firstly in the Coaches Circle looking at psychological issues in the transition from amateur to professional golf and then in the Heads of training examining the shift to becoming a customer-focused professional. Dr Hemmings will also conduct some practical sessions in the middle of the week.
- Jesús Rodríguez Salvador – PGA of Spain Master Professional and Technical Director of the High Performance Center for the Spanish Golf Federation, Jesús Rodríguez Salvador, will draw on his experiences with the Spanish Golf Federation in the development of a high performance centre.
- Dominic Bott – Caddie to European Tour stars such as Thomas Bjorn, Paul Casey and Colin Montgomerie. Dominic will speak at the Coaches Circle discussing his experiences on the bag of high level Professionals and just how important it is to have a good caddie, especially for a rookie professional.
- Much Maier – Former professional downhill skier and Head Coach to the Italian Women’s skiing team, Much Maier, will kick off the Coaches Circle with a look at performance and dealing with high-level athletes using his experience with Olympic athletes.
- David Kearney – Irish Ladies Golf Union National Coach and PGA of Great Britain & Ireland Advanced Professional, David Kearney, will explain how best to prepare players for the American College System, from their playing ability and competitive opportunities to applying and adjusting to life and education in the United States.
- Nicola De Pisapia, PhD. – Researcher at the Department of Psychology and Cognitive Science and ODFLab, University of Trento, Nicola De Pisapia, will explain the benefits of mental training for athletes at both the Coaches Circle and Heads of Training Summit.
The fourth CCHoTS will again consist of the two events that will span each half of a week:
COACHES CIRCLE (CC), 24-26 March 2014 – Here national coaches, coaches of elite players (on a level 1,2 or 3 tour), and coaches involved in national junior programmes, are invited to attend theory and practical sessions.
HEADS OF TRAINING SUMMIT (HoTS), 27-28 March 2014 – This year there will be several practical workshop sessions on the European Education Level System (EELS), with particular focus on how to prepare for its implementation, along with sessions focused on the latest information relating to the training of PGA Golf Professionals. The event is tailored to Heads of Training or nominated individuals working within programmes, which prepare PGA Professionals or deliver such programmes.
Both events will be set in the beautiful surroundings of the Chervò Golf Hotel Spa & Resort San Vigilio in Pozzolengo (http://bit.ly/TKX5ZN), and further details of the speaker lineup and schedule will be released soon, but in the meantime pre-registrations are being taken through The Confederation of Professional Golf Head office to gh@CPG.com.
For more specific information on the CC or HoTS, please contact Tony Bennett Director of Education & Membership attb@CPG.com.
Tournament Hub Page – http://eur.pe/2014cchots