The inaugural Qatar Marriott Marquis Pro-Am will take place next year at one of the regions newest and most up-and-coming golf courses.
Teams of one Professional and three amateurs will compete over 54 holes at Education City Golf Club’s José María Olazábal-designed course for a prize fund of €10,000*, providing extended opportunities for professionals to compete in another CPG sanctioned event during the off-peak golf season.
Qatar is becoming one of the fasting growing golfing nations in the middle east, providing world-class golf courses, high-end hospitality and a golfing climate suited to the winter and early spring months. Teams will get the opportunity to experience this first-hand in a week designed to entertain and delight.
General Manager of Education City Golf Club, Michael Braidwood commented: “We are excited to be hosting our first CPG international Pro-Am with a golf course that will be in perfect tournament condition at the time of hosting.
“The Marriott Marquis Hotel City Centre Doha Hotel is ideally located in the heart of the city so the competitors can enjoy the best of both worlds – tranquil golf by day and city life after play. We also have an exciting itinerary lined up and are working hard to line up more activities, including Fifa 2022 stadium tours.”
There is no Pro-Am package fee for each participating professional bringing a team of three amateurs, and amateur packages start at QR7,199 (approx €1,800) and include:
- Hotel stay at the 5* Marriot Marquis City Centre Hotel on a B&B basis
- 4 rounds of championship golf
- Full use of practice facilities throughout the practice and tournament days
- 1 free hour for your team at our world-renowned Centre of Excellence
- Welcome reception and lunch each day at the golf club
- Gala dinner and prize presentation
- Tournament gifts
- Golf transfers
- Optional tourist excursion
- 5 nights golfer in single QR7,995
- 5 nights golfers in twin QR7,199 per person
- 5 nights golfer with non-golfer in double QR 8,500 per couple