- Club/Employer Name: CostaTerra Golf & Ocean Club
- Club/Employer Website: costaterraclub.com/
- Job Title: Golf Professional
- Location: Alentejo Coast, Portugal
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: TBD with employer
Currently under construction, CostaTerra Golf & Ocean Club is currently seeking passionate golf professionals with strong playing ability, a passion for excellent customer service, a strong work ethic and a positive attitude to be part of the Golf Operations team that has an exceptionally large influence on the overall member/guest experience and plays a vital role in the overall success of CostaTerra Golf & Ocean Club. All members of staff are considered an integral part of the team and are expected to provide each member/guest with personal attention, friendly service, and an overall exceptional experience. The role will start at the end of 2021 or beginning 2022.
- Passion – an innate passion for the game of golf;
- Communication – verbal and written in English is required. Portuguese is a plus;
- Playing ability – high level of golf skills;
- Innovation – a “continuous learning mentality” and a desire to grow;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays at times and an ability to work a shift greater than eight (8) hours in length.
- High level of customer service
- Play golf with members and guests to a high standard
- Provide outside services such as starting, on-course player assistance, driving range set-up and closure, golf cart maintenance and staging, etc.
- Assist in the creation and management of instructional programmes
- Provide quality group and individual lessons to beginners, experienced players and juniors
- Assist with the creation and coordination of fun events and tournaments
- Provide shop assistance, bookings and check-in processes.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Education:
- PGA Professional or Assistant PGA Professional (or equivalent)
- Strong playing ability and preferably experience as a playing professional
- Experience in sales and/or hospitality industry is a plus
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Good administrative skills
- High energy level
Where to Apply