- Club/Employer Name: Confederation of Professional Golf [CPG]
- Club/Employer Website: cpg.golf
- Job Title: Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive
- Location: Birmingham, UK
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: To Be Discussed
The Confederation of Professional Golf [CPG] are looking for an outstanding Executive Assistant to work on a full-time basis. The main purpose of the job will be to assist the Chief Executive in ensuring that the Association’s administration and finances are managed effectively and efficiently.
The CPG is an association of 32 National PGAs, representing a combined membership in excess of 12,700 golf professionals, steered through the guiding principles of Togetherness, Collaboration and Development to provide collective voice and opportunities for the benefit of the game.
The CPG is also a partner in Ryder Cup Europe as the sole member of the Ryder Cup European Development Trust [RCEDT], and is widely acknowledged as a lead body in the provision of golf development expertise on a global basis through its collaboration with The R&A in its developmental delivery.
With a multi-national team, and wide-reaching geographical coverage/involvement, the role is ‘remote first’, meaning the successful candidate should be able to work from wherever is most effective for them. There will be frequent requirements to meet virtually using internal communication and collaboration tools, as well as regular requirements to meet in-person with the Chief Executive and other CPG team members at either specific events/meetings or more generally (depending on location/requirements).
SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Excellent organisational, planning and administrative skills.
- A strong working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Mac Mail/MS Outlook and Mac OS.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- A flexible approach to working hours and a willingness to travel overseas from time to time when required.
- Previous experience at a senior level support role.
- International experience of working with other nationalities and cultures.
- Knowledge of another European language would be beneficial.
- Some experience in organising events – conferences.
- Self-starting individual with experience of taking responsibility for projects.
- A confident, calm and professional manner with a positive and proactive approach and passion for working in a dynamic, flexible and multi-faceted sports environment.
- A keen eye for attention to detail.
- The ability to work to specific deadlines.
- An understanding of golf and the structure of the golf industry would be advantageous.
- Happy to work on your own as well as support a team.
Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive:
- To assist the Chief Executive with ensuring that all legal and financial requirements are met within recommended timeframes.
- To provide overall administrative support for the Chief Executive.
- Provision of secretarial support to the Board of Directors and other committees including minute taking of the Board Meetings and AGM with timely and accurate execution of minutes.
- Annual Congress – work closely with the Chief Executive to manage all pre, post and on-site administration relating to the Annual Congress ensuring the highest achievable standards for the event.
- Provision of administration support to the Ryder Cup European Development Trust, including scheduling of meetings, management of project documentation, circulation of papers and minute taking.
Administration / Management:
- Provision of administrative support to the Management Team from time-to-time.
- Working with the Director of Development to ensure effective management of all golf development administration and services including co-ordinating travel and payments for Golf Development Team [GDT] Members on golf development visits.
- Assistance with managing educational events and co-ordination of pre, post and on-site administration.
- Administration of the Association’s Annual Membership Request [AMR] including issuing of Membership Subscriptions.
- Managing relationships with Corporate Partners and other stakeholders of the Association at all levels of seniority.
- Handling telephone calls, enquiries and requests efficiently.
- Devising and efficiently maintaining operational systems, databases and procedures.
- Administer the Association’s HR, Health and Safety, Insurance, and First Aid and processes and documentation.
- Ensure Data Protection is adhered to for the Association.
- Co-ordinate all travel arrangements relating to the Chief Executive, Management Team, Board, Development Advisory Board [DAB] and Golf Development Professionals where appropriate.
- Weekly liaison with the Company’s accountants to ensure effective management of the Association’s accounts.
- Expense management and Credit control.
- Production of sales invoice requests in line with contractual agreements.
- Ensure that the company’s insurances are kept up-to-date and appropriate.
Where to Apply
To apply please visit https://cp.golf/2F11hSA.